Mosaic offers people young and old opportunities to serve their community.
Boots on the Ground
In our gardens, we have teamed up with corporations, churches, scout troops, civic clubs, other nonprofits, and school groups of all ages to work and provide service opportunities. Please contact us for more information on how volunteer opportunities with Mosaic.
Join a Committee
Below you will find a list of committees that power Mosaic. If they align with a passion or skill of yours, please consider joining.
Mosaic is powered by the passion and hard work of volunteers who proudly serve on these committees. What would you like to do?
The Garden Committee oversees and handles all aspects of the Community Garden Project. They are the driving force in ensuring that the gardens are alive, vibrant, and a place for the community to come together.
- A passion for gardening (but not necessarily a ‘green thumb’).
- Love of community.
- Eagerness to work with people.
The Property Committee powers our growing work in housing. They identify, research, and evaluate properties for the Community Land Trust; handle purchase/rehab, resale issues, as well as legal matters.
- Understanding or desire to learn about Real Estate
- Property, Construction, or Woodworking knowledge
- Passion for reigniting Pottown’s housing ecosystem.
The Marketing Committee drives outreach to the community through social media, advertising, and marketing. They tell the stories that tell everyone what we do and cause an action.
- Interest in Photography, Writing, or Graphic Design
- Passion for Social Media and Marketing
- Marketing, Advertising, Social Media, or PR knowledge
The Finance Committee handles all aspects of fundraising and budgeting, ensuring that Mosaic is thriving and able to do the work that we are doing.
- A head for finance
- No problems asking people for money
- Creative fundraising ideas and strategies
Education / Outreach Committee
The Education and Outreach Committee makes presentations to community groups, organizations, and businesses to recruit members, volunteers, donors, and sponsors.
- The ability to speak in front of people.
- A passion for education.
- Knowledge of creating curriculum and/or presentations.