Register today for this fun community event and fundraiser to benefit the Hobart’s Run neighborhood improvement district! Register online here: <https://www.pretzelcitysports.com/onlineform1.php?id=1111>
Please contact race director, Shelley Baumgarten, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
Please join Mosaic for a set of free gardening workshops to get you in the mood for Spring!
Master Gardener Gretchen Lea will be leading a workshop on beautifying our gardens on March 30th at 6:30. Gretchen has lots of great ideas on adding special touches to our outdoor spaces to make them the envy of the neighborhood!
Famed local butterfly expert Ron Richael will be teaching a workshop on attracting those valuable and vanishing pollinators to your garden on April 29th at 6:30.
Both workshops are free to the public and will be held at the ArtFusion Gallery, 254 E. High St., Pottstown. All are invited, but must register by phone or e-mail prior to the day of the workshop by contacting Mosaic at email@example.com or (610)287-7828.
Bring a friend and join us to kick off the growing season right!
Monday, March 27th
10 AM – 3 PM
YWCA Tri-County, 315 King Street, Pottstown
The BB&T Bus will offer internet access and financial resources including:
1) TCN Mobile Job Lab (10 AM – 12 Noon) will provide free resume support, LinkedIn Profile Creation, Job search, Career Link and other County Services
2) Genesis Housing (10 AM – 12 Noon) will provide info on credit, credit scores and budgeting.
3) YWCA Tri-County (1 PM – 3 PM) will provide info on Financial Empowerment, English as a Second Language classes, High School Equivalency classes and testing for High School Equivalency Certificate
4) BB&T Bank info on banking basics, checking and college savings accounts
5) Resource Table with info on insurance, Habitat and other social service programs.
For more info, see http://www.genesishousing.org/
Do you or someone you know have a penchant for gardening? Do you live in Pottstown Borough or Boyertown? Then enter the Home Garden Contest! To enter, go to the website and fill out an entry form, then GROW FOR IT! https://www.homegardencontest.com/
With the unseasonably warm weather as a reminder that the growing season is almost here, we write to inform you about big changes at Mosaic Community Land Trust and our community gardens.
The Good News…Beginning in 2017, Mosaic membership dues will be paid on a one-time basis, as we will no longer require an annual membership fee. Once you are a member, you will remain a member unless you request otherwise. The plot lease fees for the community gardens remains unchanged. In lieu of membership dues, we invite you to consider a donation to Mosaic so that we may continue our efforts to help improve the Pottstown community. If your employer participates in charitable contribution matching, please remember to notify them of your donation. You may donate via Paypal or with a credit card on our website, https://mosaicclt.org/donate/, or by sending a check made out to Preservation Pottstown, Inc., mailed to:
Mosaic CLT, 10 South Hanover Street, Pottstown, PA 19464.
2016 was a big year for Mosaic! Some of last seasons activities included:
- Opening a highly successful new community garden on the grounds of Barth Elementary School in Pottstown.
- Involvement in the inaugural season of the Pottstown Farm and Artisan Market (FARM) each Thursday throughout the growing season on High Street.
- Partnering with Genesis Housing on improvements to our permaculture garden on Walnut Street and North Charlotte.
- Working again with ArtFusion and Olivet for our summer youth program.
- Mosaic joined Habitat for Humanity on the Rock the Block neighborhood improvement event last Spring.
- Involvement in the housing coalition facilitated by TCN and the Hobart’s Run initiative with the Hill School.
We look forward to strengthening our community through our continued involvement with these efforts, and hope to add our first land trust property to our portfolio during 2017. For more information on our property initiative, see https://mosaicclt.org/about/.
And now for the bad news…Mosaic regretfully announces that our Garden Manager, Laura Washington, is leaving Mosaic, but will continue to be involved in strengthening Pottstown through her efforts with ArtFusion and the Dragon Boat organization. We will miss her enthusiasm and energy, and wish her all the best in her new ventures! Accordingly, the search is on for a new Garden Manager. If you or someone you know is interested in the job, please contact us by March 17th for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (610)287-7828.
Thank you for your continued membership and support in Mosaic. We know that together, we can strengthen the Pottstown community and improve our way of life!
Here at Mosaic, we just want to tickle your senses and tantalize your taste buds (your food AND gardening taste buds that is)!
Here are some of the best moments of our 2016 season – though there were many, many more…there are only so many we can show you. 2016 saw the opening of our newest garden at Barth Elementary School, and a beautiful new fence around our Walnut Street garden. Thank you to the many community members and service groups who worked in any of our community gardens and the many wonderful volunteers who staffed our table at community events and the Pottstown FARM Market every Thursday.
Also, be on the lookout for the upcoming changes and new membership packets for 2017! We are working tirelessly to improve our process, making it easier than ever for you and your family to become members of MOSAIC Community Land Trust and its COMMUNITY GARDENS!
Mosaic Community Land Trust
BINGO IS BACK!
Join Mosaic Community Land Trust at this year’s JINGLE BELL BINGO! It’s a fund raiser for several valuable community organizations, including Mosaic CLT. Bring a friend and join us for bingo, raffles, snacks and a cash bar, and lots of fun and festivities at JINGLE BELL BINGO!
To purchase tickets, see the TriCounty Community Network website link:
Thank you for supporting the work we do! We can’t do it without you!