Good News/Bad NewsPosted: March 8, 2017
With the unseasonably warm weather as a reminder that the growing season is almost here, we write to inform you about big changes at Mosaic Community Land Trust and our community gardens.
The Good News…Beginning in 2017, Mosaic membership dues will be paid on a one-time basis, as we will no longer require an annual membership fee. Once you are a member, you will remain a member unless you request otherwise. The plot lease fees for the community gardens remains unchanged. In lieu of membership dues, we invite you to consider a donation to Mosaic so that we may continue our efforts to help improve the Pottstown community. If your employer participates in charitable contribution matching, please remember to notify them of your donation. You may donate via Paypal or with a credit card on our website, https://mosaicclt.org/donate/, or by sending a check made out to Preservation Pottstown, Inc., mailed to:
Mosaic CLT, 10 South Hanover Street, Pottstown, PA 19464.
2016 was a big year for Mosaic! Some of last seasons activities included:
- Opening a highly successful new community garden on the grounds of Barth Elementary School in Pottstown.
- Involvement in the inaugural season of the Pottstown Farm and Artisan Market (FARM) each Thursday throughout the growing season on High Street.
- Partnering with Genesis Housing on improvements to our permaculture garden on Walnut Street and North Charlotte.
- Working again with ArtFusion and Olivet for our summer youth program.
- Mosaic joined Habitat for Humanity on the Rock the Block neighborhood improvement event last Spring.
- Involvement in the housing coalition facilitated by TCN and the Hobart’s Run initiative with the Hill School.
We look forward to strengthening our community through our continued involvement with these efforts, and hope to add our first land trust property to our portfolio during 2017. For more information on our property initiative, see https://mosaicclt.org/about/.
And now for the bad news…Mosaic regretfully announces that our Garden Manager, Laura Washington, is leaving Mosaic, but will continue to be involved in strengthening Pottstown through her efforts with ArtFusion and the Dragon Boat organization. We will miss her enthusiasm and energy, and wish her all the best in her new ventures! Accordingly, the search is on for a new Garden Manager. If you or someone you know is interested in the job, please contact us by March 17th for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (610)287-7828.
Thank you for your continued membership and support in Mosaic. We know that together, we can strengthen the Pottstown community and improve our way of life!